Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Year of Blessings

On this day a year ago, David and I announced to our families that we would be having a little baby.  We were both nervous and somewhat frightened at the prospect of raising a baby when neither of us had a steady job.  We had no idea what path The Lord would take us on, where we would be or what we would be doing.  For all we knew, David would be working in a factory and me in a coffee shop and praying that we would have a can of beans to split between the two of us. 
Now I'm sitting in my home in Virginia, enjoying the few days of break that David has off from school, feeling very full from our first Thanksgiving meal together.  David is cleaning the kitchen while we sing "Alice's Restaurant" together and Little is sitting in her chair squealing, giggling, and whipping her rattle around. 
Today, I am thankful for a home, a family, a future, a husband who cleans the kitchen for me, a pumpkin pie I've yet to eat, and a healthy and giggly baby girl.  But more than anything, I'm thankful for a God who is faithful and loving, beyond any reasonable cause.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment