Monday, March 7, 2011

Empty Plomises

Eight-month pictures are coming soon,  I plomise!!!!  Do you ever have one of those days where you finally get the motivation to write a blog and take cute pictures of your kid and then you turn on your camera and it decides to take a nap instead of a picture and so you have no way of accomplishing anything?  I know you do, admit it.  Well apparently, setting my camera down on the counter is too much abuse for it to handle, so I'm out a camera for a while.  I may be taking monthly pictures with my phone.  I'm kind of heartbroken about it.
On the flip-side, I'm so excited to tell you all about what Little has been doing lately!  She is turning into a real person that wiggles and throws fits when you take thing from her.  You're gonna love it, trust me.
Spring is in the air here in Alexandria.  Tulips are starting to pop up and birds are singing.  I even got to wear HEELS yesterday.  (Have a little sympathy.  I'm not the type to endanger my life by wearing heels on icy snow banks, so this is a big deal.)  I finally made it to the library on Saturday and picked up a book on vegetable gardening.  I want to start a veggie garden on my balcony, but I'm having mixed feelings of excitement and apprehension for a few reasons:
  1. My last garden failed miserably.  Only a third of what I planted sprouted.  The things that did grow got eaten by bugs, bunnies, squirrels, disease and homeless people.  Except for the lettuce.  I did have monster lettuce.
  2. I have to buy dirt and pots and seeds and plants and manure and trellises and a bucket for compost and a baby guard and shiny reflective thingies.
  3. My balcony only gets about an hour of sun per day.  From what I hear, most plants require some amount of sunshine in order to grow and, you know, live.
Have you ever tried to grow vegetables?  What kind of issues did you run into, and what did you do about it?

If my garden doesn't work out, I'll probably have to get a cat.  If I'm going to be a stay-at-home mom, I have to be some sort of crazy.  If I can't be a crazy plant-lady, I'll have to be a crazy cat-lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment