The day before, I was feeling southern and domestic so I decided to have some kitchen fun. I made my peach pie, which was way easier than it should have been. All you do is cover peaches in sugar, flour and cinnamon and throw them in a crust. I almost feel guilty that it tastes so good when I hardly had to work for it.
I did realize something though, that I probably knew all along but never really understood, that I have an extremely under-equipped kitchen. There are so many reasons that I might as well make a list:
- Rolling Pin: I didn’t figure this one out until it was time to roll out my top crust for my pie. Quick Fix: peanut butter jar
- Basting Brush: How do you brush the top of your pie with milk? With your fingers, of course
- Can Opener: Too bad I bought all that canned soup…
- Blender: How do you make green monster smoothies with no blender? You don’t. And you can forget about that chocolate banana shake too.
- Mixer: This one really isn’t a big deal if you want to tone your arms and you own a wooden spoon
- Wooden Spoon …
- Tea Kettle: Although, I suppose my 4qt saucepan could do the trick. But what kind of barista doesn’t own a tea kettle, or a French press for that matter?
- And while we’re on the subject, a tea pot would be nice, if I ever do have any hot water to make it with.
Then just when I am about to throw a fit because I can’t make yet another mouth-wateringly delicious recipe, I see this:
And her mouth is watering all over her favorite giraffe.
How can I be upset? It’s just not fair.