Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Funday

What a better day than Wednesday to write about your weekend?  Haha.  I admit I'm a little slow on the draw this week.  There's really no excuse for it either.

Anyway, I did have a great weekend.  Saturday I went to a blogger meet-up in DC, hosted by Emily.  We met at Sweetgreen, which was a cool salad restaurant where you could make your own salads with a huge selection of veggies and toppings.  I met tons of people a had a lot of fun talking to them.  I was the only mommy blogger there, but everyone loved the Little and loved how social she was.
 Afterwords, we went to Tryst Coffee Lounge.


I loved this place!  It was set up more like a pub than a traditional coffee shop, which I thought was way more fun.


They had a good menu with a lot of different options depending on your diet.  I had bruschetta with roasted tomatoes and a cappuccino. 


The coffee was sooo good.  The espresso was mellow and sweet and the milk was a smooth, creamy and finely frothed.  Plus, it came with animal crackers, how fun!


Sunday, we meant to check out a church, but missed our bus and then got lost looking for a different church.  It was a cool windy day, so we were all bundled up.  The Little looked so cute in her hood,  I had to take a hundred pictures of her.






After wandering all over Alexandria and accomplishing nothing for four hours, we picked up some groceries at Trader Joe's and went home to veg for the rest of the night.  David has been so busy with school that I only get to see him about an hour a day, so it was really nice to hang out and watch Hulu together all night.

Monday I found out that I can finally wear pants again,  Hooray!!!  All my baby fat is gone, and in record time, thanks to not owning a car for the last month.  Being poor and restless is good for your body.  The only one I have to worry about now is losing a tooth with every baby...

2 comments:

  1. You were the ONLY mommy-blogger at a blogger meet-up!? What kind of bloggers were there?

    Gosh, if only that were the case with the meet-ups in Minnesota - Mommy Bloggers REIGN here. And I only care about the ones I know...like YOU.

    By the way, that's one cute kid you have there. Pinch her cheeks for me, will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the bloggers I met were food, fitness, or photography blogs. It was a super fun group though.

    ReplyDelete